Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:47 pm Post subject: How to Post Pictures
Here are detailed instructions on how to post your pictures on our forums. There are two ways to get your pictures up.
1) Upload your picture to another website and link to the picture in your forum post.
2) Upload your picture to our website with the new "upload" tool when you post in our forums.
How to get your picture in your AC Plug forum post when storing it on another site:
1) Upload your image to your favorite, free photo gallery.
2) Use this code in your forum post to link to your pic:
Obviously you would substitute the entire URL of your image. You can usually obtain that by right clicking on the image as you see it on the photo gallery, right clicking and choosing properties.
3) The best size for your picture is 640 x 480 pixels or less.
How to use our new upload tool to post your picture directly from your computer:
1) Download the microsoft resizer program found here http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe
This will allow you to resize your giant picture that came out of your camera to a more managable size.
2) Install the program.
3) Right click on your picture on your computer and hit "resize pictures". Choose "small" as the size.
4) You will now notice a new picture in the directory of the picture with the same file plus "small" before the .jpg.
5) Create your forum post and click the "browse" button below "add attachment" in your forum post.
6) Choose the image you have just created via the file navigation window.
7) Hit "open" in the bottom right hand corner of the pop up box.
8) Hit submit at the bottom of your post.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You can attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum